Monday, February 8, 2010

Scrapdango Crowned Contest - Week 1

WooHoo, I finally made it over and actually participated in one of Scrapdango's fun contests! Week 1 was the evening gown competition. There was a yummy recipe posted and I just couldn't resist especially since my girl Lisa from MSW was hosting it right along with Heather!

Here's what I came up with:


I used Basic Grey adn October Afternoon papers. The flowers are made out of fabric, which was a requirement. I also used rhinestones and pearls..... both requirements. Along with ink for the edges and 3D dots. It will be exciting to see who gets sashed!

Some Close Up Shots:



The minute I ran across this picture, this idea popped into my head. I really want the photo to be focused on my DD, but there was no good way to crop the picture. This idea worked out perfectly!



These are the first flowers I have ever made out of fabric!! I soo love what people can do with fabric, but haven't really found my nitch in it just yet!!! A big thanks to Kristie over at Let's Scrap for the super tutorial on how to make these cutie lil' flowers!! You can find it in the forum under tricks and tips!



I glittered up the crown before I added the rhinestones, but its hard to tell. Loved this challenge!!


1 comment:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!