Monday, May 17, 2010

Make Old Buttons New!

Hi Everyone! Tonight I want to share with you all one of my new favorite things to do..... making old buttons new by dressing them up!

I have shared this idea on a couple sites now, so I thought it was about time I got it here! Now, I know you all have a TON of buttons in your stash and with all the new goodies out there they may not be your go to item anymore. Here are some ideas that may change that!

Using Alcohol Inks:

Sorry for the terrible picture, I tried repeatedly with this one and couldn't get it any better. I used alcohol inks on this button to highlight the beautiful image on it. Being just plain white didn't cut it for me, so I used a teensie paintbrush and added the color as I wanted to make the image pop.

Using Patterned Paper:

I have a TON of clear buttons and had no idea what in the world to do with them until I started adding patterned paper. This is such an easy peasy way to get your own look that matches whatever project you are working on. For these, I punched a circle a bit larger than my button, applied some glue to the outside edges of my button, and placed down on top of the paper where I wanted it to go. I use a weighted stapler to sit on them for just a couple seconds to make sure they are set before I trim off the excess paper from around the edge. The BINGO button was made using recycled packaging from Jenni Bowlin's mini BINGO cards. I just love how you can use the mini-mini cards that come on the packaging.

Stamping on Buttons:

Using StazOn you can easily stamp your own images onto clear or colored buttons. Just another nice was you can get your own look to suit your crafting needs.

These are just a few ways you can dress up your buttons; hope this sparks your creative juices to use that stash of buttons you have!
Happy Scrappin'~Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!