Sunday, October 17, 2010

Exciting News to Share About Scrapbook News and Review Magazine!!

I am super excited to share with all my bloggy friends I am one of the new Mixed Media Directors at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine!! OMGosh, I am giddy! We are going to have lots of cool things to share beginning so very soon and I hope you come on over to the site to the forum to chat and to sign up for a subscription if you don't have one because you are NOT going to want to miss what's coming. There will be something for everyone, beginner to advanced, and it's sure to kick your scrappy skills and abilities up a few notches so don't delay!!

I am been loving all the new things I am trying thanks to many wonderful friends on the forum and magazine staff. I feel like I am finally really releasing the artist within that has been squashed for awhile. Check out this ATC card I made for the magazine a few months back:

Journey

This was for the Color Library section of the magazine and I am so pleased with how it turned out. I know it may not seem like my typical whimsy or happy go lucky project, but it speaks and that is what I like. It shows true emotion and thought; things I want to incorporate more into all my creations.
I used lots of layers and mediums to build this up and even did some masking.
This is tag I made to just play around with some of the things I have learned and wanted to try:
Never Ignores:

Some of the things I used on this were: gel medium, oil pastels, mist, Maya Road chipboard and Ticket, & some ripped pieces of a dictionary page. I am using this as bookmark for my Bible now.

There are also brand new calls up for submissions to publication. You can find all the calls here:
Holiday Sampler Calls
You have until November 1st to get your work submitted! You never know unless you try...Good Luck!




1 comment:

  1. Lovin' your mixed media work, girl! Congrats on the new title at SNR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!