Monday, January 31, 2011

Some Haps and Some Crafts

Hi Friends! I have been busy, busy. There are a lot of new things happening at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and I am proud to be a big part of it. Along with my title of Mixed Media Director, I will be taking on the task of coordinating the new and fabulous front page!! Have you seen it? It has a more blog like feel to it and there are soo many sneak peeks of CHA stuff all on one site for your drooling pleasure, LOL!! So far I would have to say I am going to go broke thanks to Sassafras Lass and Crate Paper. I adore every little bit of Sassafras and NEED it all and I am a sucker for Crate chipboard pieces. I would love for you to stop over at SNR and let me know what you think of all that's changed.

Speaking of SNR, the latest calls for publication are posted and you can find them HERE. Be sure to check them out and submit, submit, submit! I LOVE seeing my friends pubbed in the magazine.

So on to some crafts. There are soo many times I create a monsterous amount of projects for the magazine and I never get back here to post them all, so until I can share with you some of my latest scrappy ventures, I thought I would share some creations that have been pubbed in SNR over the last few months.

My baby girl's birthday is coming right on up so I thought I'd share this funny LO about her antics at last year's celebration.

This Lil' Piggy


Yep that's my ever so dainty and lady like little girl....OY!... her and her friends thought it would be fun to eat their cake like they were a bride being given the cake by their groom. Not her most shining moment, but it made for a fun LO anyways, LOL!!

I used mostly Sassafras Lass papers and bellies for this LO. They worked out so perfectly! For the hat, I used some crepe paper paper made by Martha Stewart. The bottle cap is from Maya Road and I anchored the numbers in it by using some Diamond Glaze. the banner is chipboard from Maya Road. I love how the beads look on this! Am I the only one who loves dressing up banners?

And how about a birthday card to round out tonight's post, sound good? Sounds good.

Happy Birthday

This card was created with some of my old school Sassafras Lass papers in my stash. I just love the paper whimsies they make and it was a fabulous base for my sentiment.

Well, I will be back at some point tomorrow to post my reveal for A Walk Down Memory Lane. I also plan on visiting some of you and seeing what's been up in your scrappy world!!

Blessings to you and yours!
Scarlett

2 comments:

  1. Hey Scarlett! Love, love, love your LO! It's so bright and fun! And what a great birthday card! I hope all is well with you.
    Much love, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!!! So good to see you up and about! What a great bevvy of new things going on for you!! Miss your sweet presence and love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!