Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Inspiration

Hey, Hey, Hey! Hope your Friday is going well! Over at A Walk Down Memory Lane, it was my turn to post some Friday inspiration. I had a challenge up for the end of January to use paint in some way on a LO or card, so I decided to inspire by sharing a couple projects I created using a bit of paint.

Celebratin'

This LO was published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine a couple months ago. I used a lot of Sassafras Lass paper and embellishments. I just love their felties! My background paper is from the Basic Grey Basics collection and worked out wonderfully for adding a bit of paint. I used my Ranger dabbers and just sporadically dotted paint here and there. Nothing major, just enough to give a little punch of color.

Be You

This is another project pubbed in SNR and I must say this is a favorite card of mine. I used October Afternoon papers and a recycled glue dot center to paint the circles. To do this, squirt some paint onto your craft mat or a plate, dunk your recycled tape center into it, and then stamp it onto your cardstock. Easy peasy. I like how the circles didn't turn out exactly perfect. I think it gives the background a unique look.

So, I hope these projects inspire you to get a little messy with your next project. Not only does it add a little somethin', somethin'; it's fun too!

Be sure you scroll down and check out my last post where I talk about Paying It Forward. I would love to do this and hope maybe you are inclined to do so as well.

Blessings ~ Scarlett

1 comment:

  1. Love the painting, Scarlett! That Sass layout, SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!