Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One Heavy Layout!

Happy Wednesday! I have a ton of projects to share with you and never seem to get all the time I would like to do so. Therefore I am going to try and make a real conscious effort to begin sharing them. All of these projects are ones I have had published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. I always get soo excited about what I create for them as a staffer and think about how I can't wait until I can share them with you all here. Then I lose track of time and here I sit with many things to get blogged.

The layout I am sharing with you today was for a use stash call. We had to create LOs using our chipboard stash. I had NO problem at all meeting this challenge, LOL! I have a ton of chipboard and I put some goop and mixed media techniques to work to create this:

This Face



That's a whole lotta chipboard, huh?!!! I can safely say I barely made a dent in my stash tho', LOL!!! I created this LO on some recycled packaging from a frozen pizza box. I applied a layer of super heavy gesso by Golden onto the base and then worked at placing all the papers, chipboard, and picture on top of it. Once everything was set in I had to leave the LO to dry overnight. I created a glaze with paint and glazing medium, then washed it over the entire LO.



Once the glaze was dry, I was able to write over it to get my journaling on. It talks about how grown up my little girl's face looks these days and how time has gone so quickly since she was born. The butterflies were added after the glaze and are covered in PearlEx that I turned into a paint. I then covered these with a bit of Diamond Glaze. The colored letters are all letters in my daughter's name. Kind of fun, but was such a long process finding every one, LOL!! You can also see in this picture the other letters have light hints of color. I used some Perfect Pearls and dusted them over the entire LO. I seriously wish you could see how sparkly and gorgeous this LO is IRL!



This pictures is rather small, so you can't really see the texture added to the bird's wing with some more gesso and then painted over with my PearlEx mixture.



And here's my little apple tree. I used some Luminiere metallic paints on this (these paints are to die for!!! I am seriously hooked on them!) and then added texture to the apples with one of my texture pastes. I honestly can't remember which one, but I am thinking maybe it's some glass bead gel. You can also see the Perfect Pearls dusting a bit better in this picture.

This LO is seriously heavy and could be considered a weapon in the wrong person's hands, LMBO!! I adore it though and had a super fabulous time creating it. My mind is all over trying to figure out ways to change up my LOs using mixed media techniques and supplies and I am having a blast learning so many new things.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your day is filled with sunshine and happiness!! It's what we make out of whatever is given to us for today that counts, so make it a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers Scarlette, this looks like a lot of work and a lot of drying time :) It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, take that *e* away again :)

    Hugs
    Majo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!