Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hodge Podge

Hey there! It was one of those days today where when it's all said and done, you just need a way to decompress. I thought and thought about what I could do and it struck me....I haven't blogged on way to long......again....so I'll do that and then hit the hay.

I have a hodge podge of projects I have created for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Let's roll!

ATC

Change



This ATC is among the first few I did where I really got messy and explored with a variety of mediums. I used gesso for the background to get a bit of texture going. Then I painted over it and adding some molding paste through a stencil. I sprayed the molding paste with some mists to give them color and to alter the color of the background some. The last step was adding a quote and some bling.

Layout

Isn't All That



This LO was created for a call about your little secrets. While it's no secret I'm a skinny minnie, the reason why isn't all that glamorous at all. I mixed and matched manufcaturers to my heart's content on this page. October Afternoon Thrift Shop, Crate Paper Restoration, Sassafras Lass Indie Girl, Maya Road goodies galore, a few Prima flowers, and a few other things from my stash.

Inchies

What's not love about these fun little creations?!


The background for these is some dictionary paper covered with PearlEx paint I mixed up. The bird stamp is from Unity on October Afternoon Fly a Kite scraps...love this line and am still using scraps of it here and there. The little button brads re Making Memories.

A Card

I must say this is one of my favorite cards I have created lately!

It's Owl Good


For this card I used some October Afternoon Campfire papers along with Crate paper's woodgrain from restoration. I used my Sissix Tim Holtz embossing folders to get texture for the tree. The chipboard is is October Afternoon and Basic Grey. My favorite part is the stamped owl and sentiment. They are Studio G.....you know from the dollar bin at Ms?! The owl is stamped on some sticky back canvas and then I used paints to highlight it.

Finally an art journal page

Right Now


A few posts back I posted the base for this page. To see all the knitty gritty details, you can head on over to the SNR front page, look under Mixed Media tags, and it'll be there.

Alrighty, this was a long post so thanks for hanging in there with me. I so appreciate each time you come to visit and love reading your comments.

God Bless you and yours.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!