Saturday, November 5, 2011

AED/AOG - Day 5

Hey there. How was your Saturday? Pretty good over here. It was a really pretty day and I was able to get lots accomplished. Wanted to be sure posting here was one of those things.

Attitude of Gratitude

Today I was grateful for getting things accomplished. Everything I did throughout the day was something small in scale, but we know all those little things add up. ; )

I'm grateful for my DDs BFFs mom/coach (<---did you follow that?! LOL!). She has been so good to my peanut in many ways and to me as well. I love when I'm able to grab a chance to chat with her - always such good conversation. I really need to make an effort to plan something with her and I and the girls. I think it would be a blast....and I mean outside of a sporting event, LOL.

Art Every Day

I accomplished finishing off the second LO I had started yesterday. Its crazy because both the LOs I've completed since AED started have been 12x12. I haven't scrapped that size in a bit and it felt good to do that size again. One of them even had 4 pictures on it!!! My oh my.

I've also made a point to do things unrelated to deadlines, like this hand decorated piece of muslin fabric:


I started off with a scrap of muslin on my table and sprayed it up with some Shimmerz mists. Then I used some Ranger Archival ink to stamp some leaves onto the piece. You can vaguely see them. I really didn't have any good idea what I was going to do with this piece until I saw my friend Lisa's card challenge at My Sketch World. The challenge is to create a card with layers and the theme of thanks. I got to it and this is what I came up with:


Lots of paper, fabric, and paint layers going on. I think the background is still a bit too dark for my liking so maybe a bit of gold paint will be in order. We shall see. I always walk past a project a number of times before I decide its truly done, but for now I'm happy with this one.

What did you make today?






1 comment:

  1. That muslin turned out beautifully... and all your layers on the card challenge -- wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more of what unfolds for you for AEDM...miracles, k-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!