Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Skissedilla #175

Hey Friends!  Its a chilly start to Tuesday around here and quite windy - all is quiet on the home front though so can't complain at all.  Looking forward to handling some business for the kennel this morning and then having a scrappy afternoon - what are you up to today??

If you're looking for inspiration or a sketch to get you kick started head on over to Skissedilla where the new weekly sketch is posted.

Lots of bits-n-pieces here layered over a stenciled pattern made with colored gesso - I'm really diggin' the new Funky Chevron stencil from The Crafter's Workshop!!  Have you gotten any of the new CHA releases from them? 
I struggled a ton creating this page - its like the mojo went flying entirely out the window right along with all my energy!!  In fact this was the fourth attempt - I mean really??!  What are your wonderful tips and tricks when the creative juices fly right out the coop?  I tried all my tricks and nuttin' was working. :o/

This part of the title was actually connected to the words 'at' and 'the' from the photo above - I cut them apart, doodled, blinged, and adhered - love how easy ScrapFX makes titlework!!!
My inspiration to get going (for the fourth time) came from a delightfully sweet package I received from a friend for winning a BINGO game at MSW during the Olympics - Joan was beyond generous with the goodies she sent and I can't wait to use more of them - what I couldn't believe is she included an older line of Crate Paper I'd always wanted but never got - I was beyond giddy at the sight of the fun bold patterns!  Thanks again Joan!!

Another pile of stuff here to look st LOL - I used an envelope from my goodie package to hold some ScrapFX tags layered up and held together with a brad - my journaling is there along with the deets of where we were etc. - the fussy cut flowers each have glitter around the inner ring - in this shot you can faintly see the shimmer - hate that its so hard to get stuff like that to show up in photos.
I was also inspired by my fellow DT member at ScrapFX, Kristine, to create my own leaf stamp - mine is in no way as cool as hers looks (check out her blog to see it in action) but I do like it. =)


 Not sure I'm sold on this page as a whole - there are plenty of elements I like - just not sure everything together makes me entirely happy.  I can't pinpoint what it is either - I'm thinking maybe its too much yellow??  A lack of doodling around the photo mats, maybe shouldn't have gone with yellow photo mats?? Doh! LOL 


I actually stayed pretty true to the sketch this week - I really liked the way the four photos were stacked and placed for this - definitely going to try that look again!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate you taking the time to visit - take care!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my wow!!!!!! SO bold, bright, and just plain awesome!! THat sketch rocks, hope to get time to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! your use of color always knocks my socks off!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!