Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Little Bear - Skissedilla #188


Hello, Hello!  Happy 12/12/12!  I've been trying to get at this post all day - hopefully this will be the time it goes live and more than one sentence gets written. ; )

Can I just share before I do the gals over at Skissedilla are the best - you already know the sketches there rock the hizz-ouse!!  But the ladies are really dear to my heart - they know why so no explanation needed - just had to give a shout out.  I do hope someday this body of mine will cooperate and I'll head overseas so I can visit them.  Even added a Norwegian speaking app to my phone today so I can learn since I'm picking up how to read it more and more each day - woot! woot!

To them: Jeg elsker deg!!!

Hello Lil' Bear
I knew right away these photos of my cutie lil' niece were perfect for the sketch at hand!  have you ever heard of teh story/song We're going on a bear hunt??  If you have then you know why I was all about this from the get go, if not then you must seek it out!  Too fun!
Terrific sketch from Linda - know this time of year is busy, busy but if you can grasp a spare moment we'd love for you to play along with us - shoot I was late in posting myself.


Skissedilla 188

Detail shots taken with my phone using the Hipstamatic iPhone app

Really just my ScrapFX chippies!!  Use them on everything.  Here I've used a flourish branch as a tree and added some glass bead gel that I colored and embedded some additional glass beads on top of, LOL. I also used a bear from the zoo set and added some flocking powder to that with gel medium and then a cutie lil' bee that is covered with gesso, gel pens, and gold mica flakes.  The letters are some of my favs - Itty Bitty Bets - can't go wrong with those.

This is the newest alpha from ScrapFX - the Playground font - and it is soo fun!!  There is also a number set in this same style!  I altered this up with some gesso, sprayed with some Color Shine and then dropped on some Diamond Glaze to make it look like wet.  I wanted to make this word look like it was coming from the spray bottle in my niece's hand - don't know if it does or not, but I like it anyhoo. :)
Alrighty, yay made it to the end of the post!  Now its time to add some links and head on out to the scrap space.  I think its about time to throw around some paste and paper and get to scrapping December. What'cha think?  You with me??  Link up your projects cuz' I'm all about spreading the love, really.  If I haven't made it by you yet, I sure will soon. :)

Thanks so much for coming by, means more than you know. 
Take good care, Scarlett.

2 comments:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!