Monday, March 11, 2013

New Attitude - Skissedilla Sketch #201

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!!  Did you handle springing ahead??? Ahh, I really dislike having to do that each year, and today just really feeling it, especially since I just looked at the clock and saw it was already one. Sigh.... days just go too fast for a while until everything adjusts, but I guess. But you came here to check out my page and the new sketch from Skissedilla so on with the program!


My daughter is a newly turned teen - oh yeah fun stuff - truly, well most days, LOL - and I love capturing all her funny faces. She is never camera shy with these, though at times I wish she was because getting a decent shot doesn't exactly happen anymore...geesh.  But this is definitely her personality at the moment and so I guess in the grand scheme of capturing memories that is what its all about.

I turned the sketch upside down, followed it, and added a few more embellishments/design elements to draw attention to me title/text.


Here you can see I used one of my ScrapFX Splat! embellishments (tutorial can be found here) as well as another ScrapFX stencil embellishment tucked underneath the photo to draw attention to the stamped word.  


Here you can see the ScrapFX Chevron stencil embellishments I made better.  The title I created is hand painted, then outlined with pen, on some patterned paper scraps I swiped gesso over.  I wanted the words to go along with the Heidi Swapp sticker word I used along side of the picture.  The chevron embellies really helped make these tiny words stand out as they were getting lost on the page by themselves.  Lots of tiny doodling lines here and there to go along with the patterns already present on the Sassafras paper....gosh I miss them....and that was that.  Pretty quick and easy page this time.  


This lets you see the various paper layers, textures from mediums pounced on the background, confetti adhered in it, etc perhaps a little better.

I hope to see you playing along this week at Skissedilla!!  Its my turn hosting the blog so I'd love to have lots of friends stopping by and to visit throughout the week!

Take care and have great starts to your weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Oh you clever girl! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the work is done out there is really amazing and I am loving it. The printing stuff was out standing specially folders and band stickers and layout of the blog is really awesome! I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of the patterns and different bits here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really don't know how you do it!
    Amazing work, girl! Truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun and amazing layers.. great take on the sketch too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!