Saturday, April 27, 2013

Skissedilla 207 and a Mixed Media Background Sneaky Peek

Happy Saturday Sweet Peeps and Egads! I've got a lot of blogging coming your way.  Sometimes one just needs to take a step back from technology, refresh themselves, take time for family after so much has been going on, and then you wind up with oodles to share! Ha!! So lets get to it.

Sketch 207 created by Nabon
 Skissedilla 207 has been posted for some time and tomorrow a new sketch will posted - but don't fret there is still time for you to play along and post your take on this week's sketch for a chance at the wonderful RAK Laetitia is offering - its really fabulous!!

I had a lot of fun using bits and pieces on this page.  It has a sort of Project Life to me - guess I'm in that mode. The pictures are a little walk through one of our kittens (at around 5 weeks old) trying to get comfy with 'mama'.  The second picture is my fav - I wish you could see the expression on the kittens face better as it is rather cheesy and cheeky - teehee - he's so happy to be there and she's all what in the world, but actually loved the little kittens too!
 Now I promise I used the sketch for my creation - no really I did! Look closely - if you take away the extra photo and mason jar - there it is. See, I told you - silly rabbits!!  I love using sketches, but I also like adding my own spin to them as well.  In this case, the photos I had really wanted to work with happened to be in a set of three.  So, I worked beginning with the basics of the sketch, added an extra photo, and of course I love my embellishments so piled on those.  Though I must say this page still felt a little naked to me. ;)

ScrapFX chipboard speech bubble worked out wonderfully here as did the arrow.  I wish you could see how sparkly they are from the pearlized paint and sparsely sprinkled glitter I used.  Someday there will be a great way to photo glittery stuff.
 I really went to town with my Cuttlebug and dies on this page - I've totally re-fallen in love with them as of late (this is code for stopped being lazy).  Can't find enough ways to emboss, use dies, all that.  Fun stuff and good for the budget - bonus! Totally diggin' this star border Memory Box die I picked up from the Crop Stop store.  It is swoon worthy for shiggity.  It even gives you oodles of little stars after you diecut it - ahh! Love.

Well, that it is for now.  I'll leave you soak this in for a bit, but I'll be back very soon (this time I can actually say that - giggles - because I've got a ScrapFX post to share and you surely won't want to miss out!  Here's a sneaky peek:


This post is live right now on the ScrapFX blog along with a few of my fellow DT members in a group post for Mixed Media backgrounds.  If you want to be inspired and gain some messy knowledge head on over there to check it out and be sure to join in at Skissedilla too!

Take good care in the meantime!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!